Banking and Finance LawyerEmpleoBeLux
Web European Investment Bank (EIB)
ABOUT THE JOB
The EIB, the European Union’s bank is seeking to recruit for its Legal Directorate (JU) – Legal Department, Operations 2 (JU/OPS 2) – Outside Europe A Division (OEU-A) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Banking and Finance Lawyer . This is a full-time, temporary position at grade 4/5.
The term of this contract will be one year. As this is a temporary replacement assignment, no extension or conversion of the contract is foreseen
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid May .
You will carry out work related to all of the Division’s responsibilities and work independently on financing operations. The post may involve a certain amount of travel for negotiations and signatures of legal documentation. You will:
- Draft and negotiate legal documentation for financing operations and guarantees for:
- projects in the aforementioned countries, notably bilateral loans with banking sector and/or corporates and/or public sector counterparties
- structured finance (including securitisations), project finance and PPP transactions, with or without the assistance of external legal counselThis involves: drafting of documents, legal advisory support, execution of contracts, completion of all related legal formalities and legal monitoring (including loan restructuring and other post-signature tasks).
- Manage contacts and negotiations with the Bank’s clients and their legal counsels
- Liaise with external counsels and supervise their work, whenever necessary
- Complete the administrative formalities vis-à-vis clients (public institutions and private enterprises)
- Undertake research and conduct legal studies on issues of law arising in connection with the Bank’s operations and in the context of developing new financial instruments
- Develop and maintain relationships within the Bank and represent EIB externally where necessary
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- University degree in law, preferably at Master level, and professional legal qualification in Luxembourg, France, England or Spain
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience for the job (of which 2 years must be post-qualification professional experience), in the field of bank lending and/or project finance, acquired with a law firm of international repute or the in-house legal department of a financial institution
- Significant experience in the drafting and negotiation of finance documentation in English and/or French. Experience in the drafting and negotiation of finance documentation in Spanish would be an advantage. Drafting / negotiation experience of such contracts in the relevant geographical areas would also be an asset.
- Solid experience of general banking, structured finance, project finance and/or PPP transactions
- Post-graduate legal studies (LLM or equivalent) in a university of international reputation would also be an advantage
- Very good knowledge of standard computer tools
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French with a strong working knowledge of the other; knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.efinancialcareers.lu.