Senior Legal CounselEmpleoBeLux
Sitio web FYTE Luxembourg
On behalf of a world leading company headquartered in Luxembourg, we are recruiting a Senior Legal Counsel to join the global legal team. Integrated in a team of 5 trusted legal advisors passionate by helping grow, run, protect and defend the business, you will report directly to the General Counsel of the Group.
With different projects managed all over the world and particularly coming in Spain, our client is looking for a Spanish speaker to take part of the success story of the company.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Provide legal support related to transversal European and even international issues in a timely manner to maximize achievement of business strategies
- Protect and defend business interest in third party disputes and develop strategy and assess any settlement option
- Join internal business meetings and, when appropriate, negotiate with third parties
- Drive external law firms and liaise with the business
- Follow current and future business issues or opportunities and proactively propose legal approaches and input to put in place
- Stay up-to-date on regulatory and law changes
- Drive juniors of the legal team and deliver legal trainings to the business
- Represent legal affairs in professional associations
- Liaise with local authorities and company’s lawyers located in Spain
- Master’s degree in Law
- Relevant experience of at least 8 years as Legal Counsel in the industrial sector or within a law firm where you have dealt with various areas of law
- An experience in M&A is mandatory for this position as well as in international trade or environmental law (Ideally within a European or worldwide public institution)
- Able to learn and integrate into complicated and dynamic businesses, advising on a combination of legal and business issues and having strong communication skills to facilitate becoming a trusted partner of the business team.
- Common sense with a can-do attitude, able to assess key risks while maintaining strong attention to detail and technical skills, displaying a practical and confident business approach to problem solving and managing legal risk
- Good change management capabilities to cope with an industry facing many challenges that are moving very fast so capable of changing priorities and taking responsibilities on new files with short term notice
- Perfectly fluent in English and Spanish (working languages), a good command of French would be considered as an advantage
If you are interested in this position, please send your application to Louise Marchand.