Principal Program Manager, Energy & SustainabilityEmpleoBeLux
- Lead datacenter interconnection and energy supply contract development with utilities and third-party energy suppliers in support of Microsoft’s datacenter businesses in EMEA
- Assist in the analysis of energy industry trends, market policy and regulations to proactively identify opportunities to reduce cost, minimize risk, and advance sustainability goals
- Partner with globally distributed internal stakeholders on site selection and energy project development, e.g. distributed energy, renewables
- Work collaboratively with external vendors and consultants on regional market research
- Develop internal business cases including providing input on financial models and market research
- Build relationships with external suppliers and partners, particularly electric utilities, local and regional governments, customers, and energy technology providers
- Work with third parties to develop and monitor analytics tools for portfolio analysis.
- Business travel required (10%-25%, subject to fluctuation with business tempo)
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, engineering disciplines, business, or sustainability
- 10+ years of experience in project management and development
- 10+ years of experience in the energy sector with exposure to wholesale and retail power markets
- Broad understanding of the power industry, with specific focus on the mechanics of power markets.
- Strong analytical capabilities to support review of utility tariffs, power contracts and power market fundamentals.
- Possess an entrepreneurial, self-directed spirit and proven track record of project execution.
- Proactive team player with high emotional intelligence capable of adapting to ambiguous environments with cross-group collaboration and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications (verbal and written) skills
- Location is flexible, United States and/or Europe
- Growth mindset with problem-solving skills
- Preferred Qualifications:
- International business experience in EMEA, including working proficiency in relevant languages, e.g. Dutch, French, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Polish, German, and Arabic.
- Understanding of and experience with working with energy suppliers and utility providers.
- MBA/post-graduate degree in relevant fields a plus, though experience in consulting and power/energy industries may substitute for relevant graduate education in this regard.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita careers.microsoft.com.