Web WV EUREP - World Vision Brussels & EU Representation
Position: Fixed-term / 2 year.
Start of function: 1st October 2023.
Expected travel: up to 30% of work time.
Reports to: EU Partnerships Director.
Founded in 1950, World Vision is a global Christian relief, development, and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty, violence, disaster, and injustice. World Vision has over 33,000 staff in nearly 100 countries. World Vision collaborates with others in pursuit of positively impacting the most vulnerable children, their families, and communities around the world.
As part of its global ambition and focus on fragile contexts, World Vision has engaged in a strategy towards the European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (DG ECHO). This strategy looks at building relationships and common understanding, positioning World Vision as a global and European humanitarian actor (including through increased ECHO expertise within the organisation), as well as enhancing quality and volume of grants.
In this context, World Vision EU Representation is recruiting 1 fixed-term ECHO expert, who will accompany this challenging but exciting process by providing adequate expertise. While operating under the line management of the World Vision EU Representation’s Partnerships Director, the ECHO Expert will work within a coordinated structure pooling efforts and resources.
- Facilitates the collaborative model of the Strategy in terms of prepositioning, acquisition, compliance and implementation.
- Directly coordinates relevant processes with the World Vision Partnership; is the relationship-holder for EUREP with the World Vision’s Disaster Management Team in relevant aspects of the Strategy.
- Ensures processes are embedded into World Vision’s systems.
- Focuses on relationship-building towards ECHO by World Vision staff, with a “mindset-change” goal in collaboration with country offices and ECHO certified Offices.
- Capacitates World Vision’s country offices, in collaboration with the ECHO-Certified offices in accessing and implementing quality ECHO funding and ensures sustainable growth of the ECHO portfolio through transfer of knowledge.
- Supports emergency response proposal development process (directly, up to a certain percentage of his / her time and according to clear prioritisation and protocols, and by facilitating other World Vision key staff’s actions in particular at Disaster Management Team level).
- Facilitates the implementation of a World Vision – ECHO sector strategy.
- Ensures coherence on World Vision’s Triple Nexus / Fragile context agendas.
- Carries out strategic missions several times of year, focusing on above-mentioned aspects, and attends key global and regional fora.
- Excellent knowledge of DG ECHO and EU Humanitarian action.
- Significant experience in ECHO project acquisition, management and grant compliance procedures in the field and / or HQ.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience at national or international level in supporting humanitarian programmes / project operations.
- Coordination, interpersonal, negotiation and representational skills, allowing to bring together different stakeholders to achieve the envisioned objectives and ability to steer such processes.
- Significant experience in training, capacity-building, and mentoring.
- Budgetary, financial management skills, experience in MEAL tools and / or expertise in a humanitarian sector is a plus.
- Masters Degree in a relevant field.
- Strong written and spoken communication in English. French and / or Spanish is an asset.
- Ability to travel frequently – the position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically (within Europe) and internationally (fragile contexts) up to 30% of the time.
- Subscribes to the Vision and Mission of World Vision. Recognises him/herself in the core values of World Vision.
We offer a 2 year contract, full-time to start in October 2023 and a work environment where good team spirit, collaboration and personal development are held high.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter outlining how you match the job description to email@example.com with the subject line “First Name + Last Name – Fixed-Term ECHO Expert” by 15 July 2023 noon (12.00 pm CET).
Due to limited resources, we will unfortunately not be able to reply to individual queries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.eurobrussels.com.