- Grow a portfolio of profitable customers & transactions through the creation of strong relationships with trustworthy customers and suppliers within the emerging markets (Central/South America, Caribbean Islands, MENA, Asia, Africa or/and CIS).
- Take responsibility to set and pursue the (trading) market development strategy for your assigned region and actively participate in setting the global strategy for your product portfolio.
- The Trader reports to the BU Manager.
- Frequent travel to the assigned region and occasional global travel will be needed.
- Minimum of 2-8 years experience in the trading business, preferably as a business developer.
- Understand the complexities of supply chain.
- Has the willingness to travel to emerging economies and build relationships and deals with various types of people & cultures.
- Has the ability to work in a commercial matrix organization.
- Is pragmatic, no nonsense mentality.
- Speaks fluently English and/or French or Spanish. Speaking Dutch is a plus.
- Preferably, you have a network in the business and have a good understanding of the markets: steel/polymers/pulp and paper/fertilizers, or chemicals.
- Commercial prospecting and negotiation skills experience.
- Enthusiastic and goal oriented person who likes to take initiative with a large degree of autonomy.
- A commercial feeling with emerging markets is a serious plus.
- Education is a commercial, technical or logistic oriented one (Commercial Engineer, Economic or Commercial Sciences, Sales Management, Forwarding & Logistics).
- Have a working visa or the Belgian nationality.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.